All UCOA members must abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the UCOA Board and Trustees. Anyone misusing the UCOA facility will be subject to termination of membership. The UCOA offers its members a wide variety of activity and promotes the safe use of firearms. Activities include, but not limited to: Fishing, Archery, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Rifle / Pistol range and other shooting events. The range is open during daylight hours or special events. UCOA Board meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 8:00 PM. Members are encouraged to attend regular meetings. UCOA Trustees and Board members reserve the right to close the range at any time. Special events take precedents over the use of the range.
Make sure the gate is closed after entry. Security cameras are in position to monitor the facility.
UCOA Range Rules:
- All members must attend a safety class prior to receiving a membership card.
- *MEMBER Guest – Guests are permitted after the member had received approval from the board.
- All shooters must have their membership card visible while at the range. Trustees & Board members reserve the right to validate membership upon request.
- Paper or cardboard targets only. Any other targets will be furnished by the UCOA.
- DO NOT SHOOT the frames used to hang targets.
- Ages 14 and under must be accompanied by a non-shooting adult member.
- ABSOLUTELY no shot shell to be used on the rifle and pistol ranges. Sighting in deer slugs is permissible on cardboard targets not mounted to the rubber mats.
- No Automatic Weapons.
- No Bump stocks or Binary triggers. NO EXCEPTIONS! Use of these devices will result in immediate loss of membership!
- No alcoholic beverages allowed on the shooting range.
- Everyone on the range must have eye and ear protection. No exceptions.
- No explosive targets permitted.
- Shooters will remain behind the firing line when shooting downrange.
- No shooting outside of the baffle area.
- While shooters are down range all guns must be unloaded, actions open and resting on bench with muzzle pointing down range. DO NOT HANDLE GUNS WHILE SHOOTERS ARE DOWN RANGE. If your actions will not stay open you will need to have a chamber flag inserted.
- DO NOT shoot into the baffle, support columns or target stands.
- Report anyone demonstrating unsafe handling of firearms to a Trustee or Board member.
- Shooting Bays are reserved for pistol shooting only. Shooting rifles or shotguns in the bays is prohibited. No rifle cartridges or shot shells are to be used in any type of firearm in the side bays.
- Once you have finished shooting dispose of any items you brought onto the range. The portable target stands will be placed in front of the backstop to prevent the bullets from skipping off the ground or over the backstop. All misfire rounds must be disposed in the orange containers at the back of the firing line.
In case of an emergency dial 911. Board and trustee phone numbers are posted around the facility.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility
Rifle/Pistol Range Lights and Buzzer
Using the safety lights/buzzer to set-up and tear down targets down range:
The club installed flashing red lights and a buzzer at the rifle/pistol range. The lights are in front of the bench rest and the switch is at the back. The purpose of the lights and buzzer is to warn shooters when the range is safe. The procedure is as follows:
- Clarify with other shooters first that the RANGE IS SAFE and ACTIVATE LIGHTS before moving down range.
- When you have returned from down range check to make sure no one else is down range.
- Inform all other shooters the RANGE IS HOT and DEACTIVATE LIGHT.
(When you are ready to go down range make sure all other shooters are at a stopping point. Turn on Range Lights and confirm with all shooters the range is safe. After returning from down range confirm no other shooters are still down range, inform shooters range is going hot and turn off the lights.)
Please note: when the range is safe and shooters are down range NO ONE should be handling their gun. Guns should be on the shooting bench with actions open and muzzles facing down range. Be courteous to other shooters and wait while everyone has cleared their guns and placed them on the shooting bench before proceeding down range.
All members will abide by these 4 gun safety rules.
Rule One: Treat all guns as if they are loaded.
Rule Two: Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target.
Rule Three: Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
Rule Four: Be sure of your target and what is behind it.
UCOA Rules and Regulations